IT HELPDESK TECH I - INFORMATION SYSTEMS
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for first level software and hardware support. Diagnoses and resolves problems using documented procedures and checklists in the performance of most responsibilities. Enters call data into a tracking system. Escalates problems to higher level technical support professionals (Engineers and Analysts) when necessary. Assists in the resolution of application, hardware and software problems. Plus either A or B:
A. Data Center Operator: Responsible for monitoring multi-technology computing platforms including servers and backup systems. Responsible for ensuring a stable data center operating environment and attaining maximum utilization of system facilities. Monitors console systems and peripheral equipment such as printers, disk drives and tape readers. Troubleshoots and restores routine technical service and peripheral equipment, schedules production runs, performs system backup process, disaster recovery tests, loads tapes, disks and paper as needed. Assists programmers and systems analysts in running jobs that are used for testing and debugging new programs.
B. Deskside Support: Provides direct support to end users at their desks. Troubleshoots and repairs equipment onsite. Manages lifecylcle replacement of equipment. Works with end users to manage the transfer of any local data to new equipment.
• High School graduation or GED,
• General knowledge of and aptitude for information technology.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong ability to cope in stressful situations.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle high workload volume.
• Ability to perform in a team-oriented environment where flexibility and adaptability are key.
• Ability to take an energetic approach towards process improvement within the department.
• Ability to treat customers and fellow employees with courtesy and respect.
Additional Information Shift : Day Contact Information
Anna Toledo - Human Resources Specialist/Recruiter
Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services
1901 Red Rock Drive
Gallup, NM 87301