DIRECTOR OF SURGICAL SERVICES - Operating Room
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director, Surgical Services is responsible to the CNO/COO or designee. The Director, Surgical Services is to ensure that care is provided to achieve a level of wellness equal to or greater than that which the patient had before their operative or other invasive procedure. The Director, Surgical Services implements Surgical Services policies and procedures in accordance with ASPAN standards, AORN's Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices and RMCHCS' policies and procedures relevant for operational objectives. The Director, Surgical Services shares knowledge and skills through mentoring, precepting, role modeling, staff evaluations, and by promoting education and training on all equipment and all procedures for the delivery of pre-operative, intra-operative and post operative care to maintain quality safe practices in the delivery of care for the peri-operative patient during admission, intra-operative, recovery, and discharge processes within the surgical unit.
• Graduation from a School of Nursing.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred; or Bachelor of Science in another RMCHCS approved field.
• 5 years nursing experience in perioperative nursing required.
• 3 years experience demonstrating clinical and leadership ability.
• Performs Duties of considerable difficulty under the Administrative direction of the Chief Nursing Officer.
• Knowledge of DNV-GL and other regulatory agency requirements.
• Considerable knowledge of general nursing theories and practices.
• Ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts.
• May assume nursing administrative responsibilities of CNO during his/her absence.
• Ability to work with multicultural populations.
• Performs related work as required and may perform the work of any subordinate position, as required.
• Current RN license to practice professional Nursing in the State of New Mexico or acceptable compact state RN licensure.
• Successful completion of Basic Dysrhythmia if no previous experience of reading cardiac rhythms.
• Perioperative certification; CNOR or CPAN preferred.
• Must complete and maintain ACLS and ENPC within 6 months of hire.
• Current certification in Basic Life Support (if not current upon hire, must be obtained within three months of hire).
Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Shift : Other Contact Information
Ron Etcitty - HR Director
1901 Red Rock Drive
Gallup, Nm 87301