SOCIAL WORKER - Home Health/ Hospice
Position Summary: Under the general direction of the Director, provides age-appropriate and culturally sensitive medical social services care to patients in their homes. Assesses patient and home situations, safety, economic status, psychological and emotional status, and need for counseling. Provides information related to community resources. Assists with the completion of complicated legal and insurance forms. Is an active participant on the hospice interdisciplinary group team. Uses the social work process to formulate an appropriate plan of care. Analyzes the effectiveness of interventions. Documents and reports assessment findings to members of the home health and hospice staff
• At least a bachelor's degree from a school accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work Education is required for Hospice.
• Master's degree in social work from a school accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work education is required for Home Health preferred.
• Minimum of one year of experience in health care required for both programs.
• Must have experience in performing patient and family assessments and evaluations.
• Must have a working knowledge of community resources, local laws, basic health insurance, and experience developing advance directives.
• Counseling and bereavement experience preferred.
Ability to read, communicate, and document effectively through oral, written, or electronic means. Previous computer experience and excellent customer service skills. Ability to prioritize and respond promptly to a changing workload.
• Current New Mexico license to practice social work.
• Valid driver's license and proof of minimum automobile insurance as required by the state of New Mexico.
• Current verification in Basic Life Support. (If BLS verification is not current upon hire must be obtained within three (3) months of hire.)
Additional Information Position Type : Part Time Shift : Other Contact Information
Brian Lalio - HR Generalist/Recruiter